Thursday, May 20, 2010

“Trace This Book”

I think libraries does not have enough art object inside, even when they have one, generally is not the best match for the athmosphere of libraries. I have created an art object spesificly for libraries which you can touch it; you can turn the pages of this art book as like read it. I used two different old classic novels for this project. One of theme is in Spanish;”Sentido and Sesibilidad”-Sense and Sensibility- from Jane Austen and another one is in Catalan;”Per Qui Toquen Les Campanes”,-whom for The Bells Tolls-;from Ernest Hamingway.

I have changed these book’s nature from literature art to visiual art. You can take this books from library shelf and watch it; trace it as like read this book page by page.Every page’s folding type is different from others. While you are turning the pages you are going to see different wiew and backrounds from each page from first to last.

I am sure that everybody can find their individual experiences and interpretation by tracing these books.



“397 x 0,5”

Sentido and Sesibilidad, Novel, 397 folded pages.

This book pages was good quality and it gave to me good chance to create so many different folding and bending style.You can touch, smell the old pages, search your favourite page levels,feel the folding textil on this site spesific art book in the library.








“Little Orange”

Per Qui Toquen Les Campanes, Novel, 277 page.

This book’s pages was so old and dameged.The colours of pages was brown and yellow scale. I used this natural alterated version of this old pages. I tried to give 3D effect and dipper wiew with using this page’s colour while folding them.





Installations in the library whith the art books










from my presantation;





BOOK FOR BOOK

I have created this book to present my art books. It is including several installation photographs of the art books in the library. It is 20 pages. Dimentions;20x14 cm.



No comments:

Post a Comment